Sunday 8 November 2015

3 Ways To Negotiate Condom Use With Your Partner

 Lady with Flex pack
Gold circle Flex is a new ribbed and flavored condom brand marketed by Society for Family Health (SFH).
The Gold Circle Flex team have some facts about sex and condom use that they will share in a series of articles in the next few weeks. You can visit the Gold Circle Flex Facebook Page and tweet at @goldcircleflex for more information. Or send any requests or inquiries to goldcircleflex@sfhnigeria.org.
We have available in this generation, more avenues and gadgets with which to communicate than ever before. But studies have shown that; in families, the work place, communities and at virtually every level we are interacting and communicating less and less.

This fact is most obvious in romantic relationships. Men and women just do not appear to be talking to each other especially about important relationship issues. Communication, especially about sex and sexual health, can be understandably awkward and difficult. Discussing and practicing safe health however, is integral to any relationship both for birth control purposes and also for protection from Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).

Condoms are still the most popular and easily available means for practicing safe sex. They are; an effective barrier with 98% effectiveness in preventing unplanned pregnancies and STIs, the most easily reversible method of birth control and have no hormonal side effects. A number of people are however reluctant to use condoms. Some common excuses to avoid using condoms are; I don’t have any infections, you do not trust me, it spoils the mood, we already use another type of contraceptive, If you love me you wouldn’t insist on a condom.

Encouraging your partner to use a condom can appear daunting.
Negotiating condom use in a relationship, for both men and women, is one of those areas where it is often not so much about the idea but more about how you present the idea. In negotiating condom use, there are several strategies that could be used;

Benefits: This strategy involves explaining the benefits of using condoms to your partner. While this is a logical approach, it has had low success rates in most cases. Perhaps because sex is mostly a spontaneous, emotional exchange not particularly susceptible to logic.

• Eroticism: For this approach condoms are incorporated into sex as an erotic and exciting activity.

Refusal: One partner simply refuses to have sex if a condom is not used. This strategy can often create resentment from the partner who is being refused sex on the basis of condom use.


The most successful negotiation tactic is ideally a merger of all three strategies. Being able to explain and listen to your partner’s concerns about condom use outside the bedroom with your cloths on is as important as valuing your health enough to stand your ground about having sex only if he or she agrees to use a condom. The deciding factor however is usually the ability for both or either partner to make condom use a fun, sensual activity that does not stifle the spontaneity of sex.

Women in particular face a situation where if they request condoms they are considered promiscuous. The first barrier to negotiating condom use therefore, will be to change your own mind set and attitude about protecting your health and that of your partner by using condoms.

The ribbed and strawberry flavored Gold Circle Flex® is designed with features to maximize pleasure and enhance satisfaction. It ensures pleasurable safety while you build trust and commitment in your relationship. Gold Circle Flex® is available in major malls, supermarkets and pharmacies near you and is sold at a very affordable one hundred and fifty naira. Wholesale purchases are also available

 Source : sfhnigeria.org

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete